LGBT History Month 2021
LGBT History Month is celebrated throughout the UK in February.
Up and down the country, libraries get involved and often put on screenings of LGBT films through their license with Filmbank Media/PPL PRS music license. However the films available on Filmbank Media are quite limited, and the license means you can’t promote the film.
We know short films are popular, and that there are only so many times you can show the same few feature films available through Filmbank so we set about programming a series of short films to offer an interesting and fresh alternative.
Because Lesflicks exists to increase the knowledge of, and access to lesbian and bisexual film we decided to try to make things better.
Lesflicks is curating a short film compilation specially for LGBT History Month. The 60-90 minute programme will be available for free for any library, film club, community group or university network to request to screen during February 2021.
What is provided?
- A digital link to the film programme to display at your event
- A digital poster for promoting the festival and your screening
- A social media image for (optional) promotion
- A discussion sheet to help lead the conversation around the films and engage your audience
- A fact sheet on the films included in the compilation
- A feedback form to find out what your audience thought of the films and your event
If you would like to register to screen this programme, please complete the order form below.
Register your interest
About LGBT History Month
LGBT History Month is an annual month-long observance of lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender history, and the history of the gay rights and related civil rights movements.
The theme for 2021 is Body, Mind, Spirit.