The Lesflicks Film Awards Rules
- Entries for the Lesflicks Film Awards 2021 (the “Awards”) are open to those who are part of, watch, or support the LGBTQ+ film, TV and media. Please see the Nomination page for details on criteria for each category.
- Employees or agencies of the Lesflicks Film Awards, its umbrella company (“Lesflicks Ltd”) or their family members, may not enter the Awards.
- Volunteers are able to enter since they are an audience and are not involved in the running or shortlisting of the awards.
- Regional awards refer to the country of origin of the film. If you’re not sure of the origin of a film you can look it up on IMDB.
- By entering the Awards you (“You”) are accepting these terms and conditions.
- To enter the Awards You must follow the instructions on the nomination page. You will be required to provide contact details. If You have any questions about how to enter or otherwise in connection with the Awards, please email the Lesflicks Film Awards team at email@example.com “Lesflicks Film Awards” in the subject line.
- The Awards Nomination Process open at 00:01 on 13 December 2020 and close at 23:59 on 30 December 2020 (“Nomination Period”). Entries received outside of these dates will not be considered.
- By nominating You give Lesflicks Ltd the right to use Your name and IP address for the sole purpose of identifying You as the author of Your entry (internal contact purposes only).
- We take no responsibility for entries that are misdirected or incomplete or cannot be delivered or entered for any technical or other reason.
- Notice will be given in writing to all nominees.
- Nominees who make it to the Shortlist will be contacted again to notify them. The Shortlist is chosen by the number of nominations received.
- Nominees or a nominee representative must confirm receipt of entry into the Shortlist within 14 working days. Lesflicks Ltd reserves the right to withdraw a nomination from the Shortlist if no such response is received.
- The winner of each category is chosen by audience voting. Only one vote is allowed per person per category.
- No purchase is necessary.
- The Promoter of the Awards is Lesflicks Ltd whose address is 16 Falkland House, Bromley Road, London, SE6 2RN, United Kingdom. Any complaints regarding the Awards should be sent to this address. The Promoter shall use and take care of any personal information You supply to it in accordance with data protection legislation. By entering the Awards, You agree to the collection, retention, usage and distribution of Your personal information in order to process and contact You about the Awards, similar events that may be of interest, or for the purposes outlined in paragraph 6 above.
- Lesflicks Ltd accepts no responsibility for any damage, loss, liabilities, injury or disappointment incurred or suffered by You as a result of entering the Awards or accepting any prize. Lesflicks Ltd further disclaims liability for any injury or damage to You or any other person’s computer relating to or resulting from participation in or downloading any materials in connection with the Awards.
- Lesflicks Ltd reserves the right to extend the Nomination Period in the event that the entries received are of insufficient quality or quantity. In addition, Lesflicks Ltd reserves the right at any time to modify or discontinue, temporarily or permanently, the Awards with or without prior notice due to reasons outside its control. The decision of the Lesflicks Ltd in all matters under its control is final and binding.
About the Lesflicks Film Awards
The Lesflicks Film Awards aims to identify, highlight and promote the films, creators and distributors who are going above and beyond in helping to #AmplifyLBTQFilm
In response to further lockdowns, the movement of awards season to April, and the number of excellent quality lesbian films released in 2020 we have made the decision to launch our awards to give everyone something positive to look forward to and focus on. Entertainment has been key to combatting boredom and isolation and we’re proud to be supporting those making these films – particularly when lesbian film in particular suffers from a lack of financial investment, quality distribution and marketing.
We’re doing something quite new and innovative, both acknowledging and celebrating our community and also the remote isolated position many of us are in due to the pandemic across the world. This is the first event of its kind, and we’re excited to be innovating and creating a 100% digital awards event that celebrates an under-represented and often invisible part of the LGBTQ+ community.
If you’re forward thinking, diversity-friendly, care about ensuring all parts of the LGBTQ+ community are supported and want to help bring some positivity and support to the world then this is the event for you!
Interested in sponsoring these awards? Contact us and request our sponsorship pack for more details.